IMPORTANT INFORMATION — Protecting your tattoo …
• Exposure to Sun, Salt Chlorine & Chemicals
• Exposure to the sun over time can cause fading and colour change.
• Wear a sun block, or products containing UVA/UVB blocks, and wear sunglasses to protect your eyeliner.
• Salt or chlorinated water can cause a bleaching effect – it is recommended the tattoo be covered with Vaseline.
• Chemicals of any kind could interfere with the healing and the colour.
• Glycolic Acid and face peel products must be kept completely away from the Tattoo as continued use could lighten colours.
• If you are having laser resurfacing or laser hair removal after your Cosmetic Tattoo, please inform that laser operator of your Cosmetic Tattoo procedure.
• Hitting the tattoo with the laser beam could darken it, or it may turn grey or black.
Does the eyebrow tattooing hurt?
No, not really. On a scale of 1-10, most clients report a discomfort of about a 3.
At the beginning of your treatment you will feel a scratching feeling while I am doing my first pass and marking the shape and design of the brow with the fine needles.
A numbing cream is then applied which is absorbed into the skin within a 20-30 minutes. Once the cream is absorbed very little feeling remains.
Do you use Machine or Micro blade technique for hair strokes?
We use a digital machine, not micro blade, Machine lasts longer than the traditional micro blade technique as it is able to penetrate the skin slightly deeper.
How long does it take to heal? Will I be able to go to work?
Healing period is one week. As long as you’re good at following aftercare instructions, there shouldn’t be a problem going to work or being out in public.
How long is the appointment?
About 1.5-2 hours with most of the time spent going over colours and drawing in shapes.
Will you draw in the shapes first?
Yes, I won’t start on you until you agree with the colour selected and shape.
How long will they last?
This varies from person to person because skin type, diet, genetics and environmental factors can all contribute to how long the pigments will be retained.
As a guide, it could be anything between one to five years before a new treatment is required, although refresher colour boosts are recommended for maintenance during this time. Once the colour starts to change you will know that you are ready for your colour refresher. It is important to remember that permanent make-up is a “low”, not a “no” maintenance treatment.
Can I get them wet or work out?
No, not for at least 48hours to keep the treated area dry and reduce the risk of complications or infection and to retain the maximum amount of pigment implanted.
After 48hrs no direct running water on the tattooed area (this means do not have the shower running onto your face). Use a soft face washer to wash your face and only dab at the tattooed area gently, no rubbing.
Can I wear makeup after?
Not on the brows for at least one week but everywhere else is fine.
Is the second appointment necessary?
A second appointment is very important 4-8 weeks after your first treatment. This is because as the area is healing, some parts may not ‘hold’ as well as others and you may have a few patches that need more colour. This is completely normal and everyone heals differently. Whatever the case, we advise you to always come back for your retouch.
Occasionally a third visit is necessary for certain clients.
Are permanent cosmetic tattoos suitable for everyone?
Please inform us if you are taking any medication, or have suffered from any illness or virus within the last 6 months. You cannot receive permanent cosmetics if you are pregnant or are breast feeding. Please let us know if you have or are on any medication/ creams to treat acne in the last 6 months.
Can you wear makeup after the treatment?
Permanent cosmetics are typically used to enhance your natural features, therefore after your treatment has healed, you can wear makeup to complement and enhance your permanent cosmetics.
Can I get the treatment done on the same day as the consultation?
yes, the consultation is normally done as part of your initial treatment.
How do I care for my new brows?
Apply Bepanthen over your brow area 2-3 times a day for the first 5-7 days to avoid scabbing. (Do not pick scab if any appears, as it cause scarring!)
How do I care for my new tattooed Lips or eyeliner?
– No makeup on eyes for at least 72 hours.
– A new mascara must be used after the 72 hours period to avoid infection.
– No need to apply aftercare balm on eyes as eyes are naturally moist.
– Drink through a straw for the first few days.
– Apply balm as necessary to keep lips moist.
– Eat clean dry foods or with cutlery to avoid getting the lips dirty and avoid spicy and salty foods.
– No kissing until scabs have completely come off.